The Global Health Program Cycle Improvement Project (GH Pro) provides the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health, Regional Bureaus, and Missions with ready access to high-quality, external technical expertise to design, support, and evaluate programs contributing to the achievement of U.S. Government (USG) Global Health Initiative (GHI) targets. The GH Pro contract is comprised of five components:
GH Pro’s technical assistance spans multiple health technical areas including HIV and AIDS, family planning, Maternal and Child Health (MCH), infectious diseases, and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) as well as cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health financing, health systems strengthening, and science and technology.
The GH Pro project provides USAID operating units working on health-related activities in headquarters and the field with the short- and medium-term technical services of consultants with expertise pertaining to the GHI principles and USAID Forward reforms, as either independent professionals or employed by other agencies or institutions. GH Pro is seeking a Project Assistant to support the management and backstopping of assignments, including planning and logistics, implementation, and close-out. S/he reports directly to the GH Pro Project Director.
The Project Assistant will provide administrative, financial, logistical, and meeting support. S/he will report to the Project Director and work with the Project Director, Deputy Director(s), Senior Finance Manager, and Program Manager(s), as designated and assigned. Duties will vary based on the Project Assistant’s interests and project needs but may include the following types of activities:
Administrative and Financial Support
In addition, as time permits, there may be opportunities for the Project Assistant to work closely with Program Managers to assist in managing assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters of Arts or Masters of Public Health preferred
• Experience and/or familiarity with international development
• Two to three years of professional experience, preferably with USAID
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Works well independently and in teams; pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving
• Proficient in the use of Windows, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
• Language: Written and verbal fluency in English required; other foreign languages fluency is desirable
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.