The Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) position is a mid-level management position focused on ensuring that QED’s MEL-focused projects are high-functioning and produce high-quality timely MEL products that meet or exceed QED and client expectations. The purpose of this position is to provide technical oversight at both the deliverable and project levels.
· Provides technical oversight to MEL product design, implementation, and delivery
· Oversees the management of MEL projects, as Project Director, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality products, contract compliance, and client satisfaction
· Supports and leads business development proposals
· Coordinates and collaborates with colleagues in other practice areas
· Contributes to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies, policy and program approaches, and results
· Keeps abreast of political, social, economic, and security developments in project countries and regions
· Identifies new business opportunities, partners, and consultants
· Contributes to corporate thought leadership practices
· Serves as a Proposal czar as needed
· Master’s degree in a relevant field
· Eight years of experience with quantitative and qualitative MEL for international development programs
· Two years managing MEL contracts
· Demonstrated ability coordinating and communicating with COPs, corporate management, and field-based clients and staff
· Experience in designing and managing impact evaluations
· Experience overseeing all technical, fiscal, and administrative components of complex, overseas MEL projects
· Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis software
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans, Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.