The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and governance for the improved HIS, and ensure integrated systems by fostering stakeholder collaboration.
QED seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The DCOP will be responsible for the administrative leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee a sizable long-term team as well as short-term experts in achieving project results. Other responsibilities include:
• Establishing project administrative policies and procedures in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and QED policy.
• Overseeing all financial and administrative matters, including the recruiting and managing of financial and administrative staff
• Serving as the Chief of Party’s advisor on all contractual and financial matters with USAID and subcontractors.
• Evaluating the performance of the program activities and prepare regular progress reports detailing program results against strategic objective and intermediate result indicators
• Recommending to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact
• Coordinating the identification, approval, hiring, and mobilization of STTA
• Acting as Chief of Party as necessary.
• An advanced degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics or relevant field.
• Ten years’ experience in overseeing complex development programs, previous USAID project management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with senior-level host-country counterparts.
• Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment.
• Strong training, communications and personnel management skills.
• Ethiopian national strongly preferred
• Fluency in Amharic and English